REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: President
This Company was founded in 1953 as a wholly-owned Canadian company that has grown to become Canada’s largest independent tire dealer. Based in Vernon, British Columbia, the Company is operated by a functional zone management structure that has flourished by focusing on customer service and teamwork.
Reporting to the President, the Vice President, Commercial Sales is responsible for increasing commercial tire sales with new and existing corporate accounts with a primary focus on maintaining, enhancing and deepening existing relationships and increasing sales through these relationships. S/he is also tasked with evaluating and developing robust sales management plans, practices and methodologies to enhance the Company's existing sales processes and structure. The Vice President, Corporate Sales works through influence, collaboration and trust, to cross-functionally drive shared sales success in concert with key internal and external stakeholders. Travel is required for at least 50% of the time. An innate understanding of marketing and selling services (as opposed to products) in a business-to-business context is a critical requirement for this role as will the ability to negotiate, manage and nurture long term contracts and service agreements through complex, long sales cycles. To this end, the Vice President, Corporate Sales will require a proven, measurable track record in key account management, team building, sales operations and championing a successful profitable sales culture. Ensuring successful relationships with suppliers is a key aspect of this mandate. Above all, s/he is a true change champion with masterful influencing strengths who will lead the following four key domains:
1. Sales Strategy & Culture
2. Customer Management
3. Sales Operations
4. Talent Management
• Team-oriented and experienced senior sales executive with 15 years of experience and demonstrated strategic and tactical success in leading industrial sales and services in business-to-business markets (B2B).
• Proven success in identifying, nurturing and successfully closing industrial B2B sales characterized by multiple accounts, cross-functional sales teams and extended sales cycles (18-24 months).
• Advanced knowledge of current B2B sales methodologies, best practices and processes with proven experience working with appropriate sales performance metrics and leveraging technology to drive customer relationships, sales performance and results.
• Successful track record in guiding the continued evolution of the sales culture from a product orientation towards a customer centric, solution-oriented service-based culture.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage diverse, cross-functional teams and individuals and to drive change initiatives and programs in order to exploit changing market conditions to enhance service and product offerings.
• Ability to work cross-functionally and influence the stores sales team of approximately 100 salespeople (without direct reporting authority).
• Ability to manage contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) for products and services that will be performed by the stores teams and to influence these teams consisting of approximately 100 staff in the execution of these.
• Successful track record aligning marketing and sales strategies in line with business objectives and strategic mandates and translating market intelligence into effective sales growth.
• Referenceable reputation negotiating mutually advantageous outcomes with internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and customers using effective conflict management, dispute resolution and consensus-building skills.
• Robust data orientation and analytical skills.
• Deals effectively with commercial and technical complexity coupled with flexibility and adaptability and personal and emotional resilience.
• Creates and maintains long-term sustainable internal and external relationships across all channels and distribution networks through acquiring, developing and deploying sales and marketing resources and managing relationships, networks and external interactions.
• Brings a sense of urgency, is self-motivated, results-oriented and disciplined with high energy and stamina.
• Experience in strategic decision-making and business management, with the ability to contribute commercially and from a business standpoint.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of study is required. A post graduate qualification in m arketing, sales or business will be advantageous.
|This opportunity is no longer available.|
If you are new to e-Korn/FerrySM and do not wish to apply for a position at this time, please register now. If you are already a member of e-Korn/FerrySM and wish to update your resume without applying for a position, please sign in.