The President and CEO will need to be a strong leader who will be able to lead the institution through the changes in the environment that both education and financial services will experience in the coming years. We require a visionary who can broaden the vision for the organization, increase brand recognition, move the enterprise in the direction of excellence, be creative in positioning the organization and its programs but do so in a strategic way. This will require an individual who is also able to execute very well on the existing commitment to its market while seizing the opportunities presented by the changing environment including the expanded use of technology.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- An earned doctorate or terminal degree (for example: Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., or J.D.);
- Experience working in both academia and financial services;
- Outstanding leadership skills and a track record of successful leadership in developing and executing a strategic vision to broaden the role of the organization and move the College in the direction of greater excellence;
- The ability to build strong relationships with industry leaders; can gain financial support from major corporations in the financial services industry by relating well to corporate executives and conveying a passion for the mission of the American College;
- A track record of success in building a vision and strategic plan that can be embraced by a wide audience; a reputation for excellence of execution of a vision and strategy;
- An innovator with a track record of success in taking an organization to a new level of excellence;
- The ability to build brand recognition and improve trust in the financial services industry by ensuring that the organization does the right things for the right people and does so in a highly ethical way;
- The ability to lead faculty, administrators, and staff while developing external relationships; a participative leader who fosters an open, creative environment that generates ideas but keeps focus on the mission;
- Proven success in the area of public relations, team-based collaboration, faculty development, resource generation, and conflict resolution;
- An adaptable, flexible person who is able to make hard decisions;
- Proven interest in achieving exceptional standards in professional education and a passion for the mission of the College.
- Demonstrated commitment to utilize diversity and inclusiveness as key strategies to promote personal, social and cultural growth for all university constituents;
- Successful record of obtaining and managing external financial support;
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills;
- An individual with tremendous energy and the highest standards of integrity.
Korn/Ferry shall provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified candidates, and will refer candidates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis. Korn/Ferry shall comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in the performance of duties pursuant to this Agreement, including but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and state and local anti-discrimination laws to the extent applicable.